OWN OR MANAGE A RESTAURANT?
[company_name] is a members-only club which has dined weekly at upscale restaurants in Manhattan since its founding in 1982. Our members are affluent singles who pay $99 per year to belong to the club, and most of whom eat at upscale restaurants from once a month to several times a week, often returning to restaurants that they first discovered with [company_name].
Many of our members belong to the group solely to try new restaurants. Each year we visit 60+ restaurants — why not make one of them yours?
How our events work:
- We feature your restaurant in our monthly newsletter which we email to over 400 members (you can see an archive of our newsletters here: https://singlegourmetny.com/newsletters/), and physically mail to another 100 members.
- We work with owners and managers to find a time for us to dine when business is typically a slow time for the restaurant, for example Sunday at 6:30 PM; but any other day of the week works for us as well.
- Together, we then plan a meal which includes:
- 3-4 courses with three selections for each course from the restaurant’s menu (or an off-menu selection or two if that is easier for the restaurant).
- 1 glass of wine (a choice of house red or white; some restaurants also offer rose, Prosecco or a cocktail as an option).
- 1 cup of tea or coffee (served with dessert, potted American coffee, not espresso or cappuccino).
- The restaurant prints a customized printed menu for that evening that shows no prices on it. If a restaurant has a prix fixe dinner menu, that is usually a good starting point for our customized menu.
- Our group typically leaves 1.5 hours after they are seated, depending on how quickly the food is served, almost never more than 2 hours.
- As a bonus, attendees will arrive at the restaurant 60 minutes early for a mix-and-mingle cocktail hour, where they pay for their own drinks, and typically results in $200-$300 extra in revenue for the restaurant for the evening.
Our members pay us in advance to attend the dinner, and at the end of the dinner, the entire bill is paid for by The Single Gourmet on one check (we also request one meal at half price for the host of the dinner if 15 people attend, comped if 20 people attend). Most dinner events we organize attract 20-30 people, almost never less than 15. We prefer tables of 8-10 people in the general dining area if possible.
Members who do not attend a given event still read the description of your restaurant and the event; this is free marketing for your restaurant. If you would like to host The Single Gourmet for dinner, we would love to hear from you. To contact us, please use the form below, email us at email@example.com, or call us at 646-825-0268.
Many upscale restaurants in Manhattan have become valued partners where we organize dinners 2-4 times a year. We plan to expand significantly this year, and if we have a good experience at your restaurant, we will plan more dinners there.
We look forward to working with you to create a great menu, a great experience, and start a profitable business relationship.